Saturday, January 29, 2011

Theebine Hotel

This weekend's jaunt took us to the Theebine Hotel.
Rob and I have been there a few times, and we took Isaac there when he was about 1 year old.
Today we drove out there for lunch.
I love this pub, for its beauty, its charm and its character.



I did ask the kids to smile for the camera...this is what they did!

That is NOT Ava's beer!!
 



I'd love to have a party out here.
 
The "Jillaroo's" Room.
 
The "Jackaroo's" Room.




The Locals.

The kids were sure this was Mater.






On the way home we went over the Dickabram Bridge...very cool!

It is one of only two rail & road bridges in Qld.






You can see how high the flood waters came a few weeks ago.

A pretty weed.
And we had to stop to take a photo of this...



4 comments:

  1. What a lovely day out you had. And the bridge's name is Dickobram. You've got to love any bridge with a dick in it.
    Glad you had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one of those... that last pic in my back yard... love it!
    That bridge looked a little scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day out and I love that old pub. Great post I enjoyed reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great day out and I love that old pub. Great post I enjoyed reading.

    ReplyDelete